Today was my last day at Ning. This December would mark seven years at the company, and it’s been an absolutely amazing experience. I’m extremely grateful to Gina Bianchini and Marc Andreessen for giving me the initial opportunity, and to Jason Rosenthal for his amazing leadership over the past few years.
Moments like this tend to make people feel nostalgic, and I’m no exception 🙂 If you’ll indulge me, here are a few favorite Ning memories…
- Initially connecting with Gina
- Launching the Ning Everywhere program
- Launching the Ning Apps program
- Taking the SoundCloud “breakfast handshake” photo
- Making the Mogwee promo video
- Supervising all sorts of cool video pieces
- Giving a keynote at the HighEdWeb conference
- Doing a social media panel at MIT
- Recording an audio interview with the author of The Social Media Bible
It’s a bit strange to hand in my social media badge and gun for now, but I’m extremely excited for what the future holds. Stay tuned, campers!